"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words."
Hannah (known to the blogosphere as Ivorydancer,) came to visit last month.
I think we would both agree that we had the time of our lives.
We laughed until we cried.
We stayed up until 1 AM watching North & South. (The poor girl had never seen it! The horror!)
We talked far more than any two people should in four days.
We consumed more sugar than two people should in four days.
We parted with countless inside jokes (most revolving around food, oddly enough...)
And most importantly, we both were deeply and sincerely encouraged and strengthened.
I am beyond blessed to have such a dear, wonderful friend.
(I love you, dear Hannah!)
While she was here, we decided to do a photoshoot of sorts. We were a bit short on time, but we managed to pull out our photogenic genes and get some wonderful shots!
Hannah is such a beautiful girl--not only on the outside, but in her spirit. Something that is easily seen in her sparkling eyes and bright smile.
Yes, we attempted to take a normal picture. It didn't last long.
This was a sight my family saw very often through those four days. We would be in the middle of something and stop just to give each other a big hug. I think we were both still in a mild state of shock over the fact that we were together!
...This was also a frequent sight. Attempted high-fives that often failed.
...And often those failures were followed by more attempts.
We had a lovely, wonderful, fabulous time. Can you tell?
Needless to say, we both cried horribly when we parted at the airport. But frequent text-message conversations, between four and five hours total spent on the phone since she left, and several emails have eased the pain.
We're already planning our next get-together!
Friends are wonderful things. Especially when they know your heart and have helped you through a rather sad, dark time. Especially when they are the only one who can keep you up until all hours of the morning, giggling. Especially when you can talk with them just as easily about your deepest fears as you can about your love of chocolate.
Hannah, if you live to be one hundred, I hope I live to be one hundred minus a day so that I never have to live without you.
"You made my frown turn upside-down and now my worries are gone."
<3

7 comments:
Aww, Keaghan. The dearness of this post... It made me happy in the most wonderful way. ^.^
"Especially when they know your heart and have helped you through a rather sad, dark time."
No words. Just hugs sent over the internet from me to you.
@Katie: Sending hugs back! :)
Awh...I just parted from some wonderful friends, too, and can totally relate to this post. It's so good to have sweet friends, and worth the awful goodbyes you sometimes have to make. <3
~M
Oh Keaghan I could say all the same for you! I miss you so so so so so so *deep breath* so so so so so so so so so so so so so muuuuuuuuuuuuch!You are the sweetest person I have ever met, and my constant encouragement!
I love you so much!
"I'll be out of my mind, and you'll be out of ideas pretty soon, so lets spend the afternoon in a cold hot-air balloon." ^-^
hey, speaking of balloons, we should organize a hot-air balloon ride on our next get together... and it has to be red.
E-poc ;)
~hannah
oh and your fudge is fatal. I consumed a pan in three days >.<
@Margaret: It is so entirely worth the goodbyes. :)
@Hannah: Sending much, much love your way! I miss you, my kindred spirit!
As to the hot air balloon ride...I'll stand on the ground and wave. ;) E-poc. ;) mhahahamahahah....you had to bring Fudge into it, didn't you? ;)
~Keaghan
Looks like you guys had a great time. Spending time with friends is important. I keeps you from going insane.
Honorably and Respectfully,
Paul.
@ Paul: It most certainly does! :)
~Keaghan
Post a Comment