"A man sat there, perched on the edge of a chair. His golden-blonde, curly hair had been touched lightly with ash, his fine, Grecian features marred by a rather ungentlemanly open-mouthed stare."
~Eye of the Beholder
"She
sank down onto the bed, back straight as she stared at the wall. There were no
tears, no reaction. Yet a sinking sadness overtook her. She felt it in every
heavy part of her body as her eyes lowered to her lap, too weary to face the
world."
~Valiant Promises
"'Stay with me. Always. I could
not bear this without you.'
"He
reached out and touched her cheek, his worn leather glove rough against her
skin. 'Always.'
"And
though she saw the earnest way he looked at her, her heart cracked a little
deeper at his words.
"For a
promise of eternity, made by human lips, must be broken."
~Valiant Promises
Well, that is all I have to offer this month. Hopefully, I will be better prepared next month. ^.^
PS: I seem to have missed the first anniversary of my blog! It's now officially one year old. Thank you to all of my friends and followers! You are amazing. Here's to another wonderful year!
PS: I seem to have missed the first anniversary of my blog! It's now officially one year old. Thank you to all of my friends and followers! You are amazing. Here's to another wonderful year!
5 comments:
*dies* that is beautiful and painful and gorgeous and ouch and I think I am going to read it again and cry.
Congratulations on one year, it's been great to have you around.
Jessica
@ Jessica: You just made my day. Thank you so much! I'm thrilled that the excerpts conveyed the emotion I wanted them to! It's been great getting to know all of you--thank you for faithfully commenting!
Oh, these are beautiful! You are excellent at conveying emotion, Keaghan. That's not easy to do without being sentimental, but somehow you manage it, and it's a joy to read. The last snippet even made me tear up! O.o But that's a good thing. ;)
@ Megan: Wow, thank you! That's so sweet of you. I suppose I'll be keeping that line in the manuscript...I had wondered if it was too cheesy, but after this response, it's staying. :)
I love those snippets, Keaghan... especially the last one as Megan pointed out. Thank you for sharing :).
Post a Comment