Those Who Whisper...

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Following through the Grey

At some point in our lives, we all must learn to follow.

Not just following the flow of the culture, not just following whatever whim takes us.

Truly following Him.

I think it's probably one of the hardest lessons humans must learn.

And I've had to learn it.

Since January, I've had to make more "grown-up" decisions than ever before. I've had to seek His guidance, then abide by His will--even when my flesh doesn't like it.

For years, I had decided that I would, for my first two years of college, do an at-home, distance-learning program through Patrick Henry College, then attend on-campus for the next two years.

This spring, that changed. At first, I thought maybe I could compromise with God and just do one year at home before going on-campus.

The way I've found to sum it up to confused friends--who all believed that I would stay home for two years--is this: "I had a tug-of-war with God over it...and He won."

So, long story short, I will be on-campus in the Fall.

I'm scared out of my wits.

Yet I have complete peace over the decision.

It's not easy, changing "my" plan for His plan, but it's for the best.

And I must follow Him.

5 comments:

Melody said...

This is so true! Be encouraged, Keaghan: I know it is so hard sometimes to do what God is calling you to do when everyone else expects something else. SO HARD. But it's SO worth it, too. You know that. :) He's got such awesome plans for you! So what if everyone thinks you're crazy. God's opinion is the only one that matters. :)

Melody said...

This is so true! Be encouraged, Keaghan: I know it is so hard sometimes to do what God is calling you to do when everyone else expects something else. SO HARD. But it's SO worth it, too. You know that. :) He's got such awesome plans for you! So what if everyone thinks you're crazy. God's opinion is the only one that matters. :)

Joy said...

I pray that the Lord will guide you in this new future, Keaghan. How often we struggle, but the Lord's ways... they are perfect, if only we follow. God bless!

Love in Him,
~Joy

Anonymous said...

Keaghan!
I am so excited for you to come in the fall! If you need anything when you're on campus, feel free to drop by and talk to me and Mary. =)
Be prepared to grow a lot this year! It goes by really fast, but it is so worth it! It's going to be great! =D
--Sarah

Keaghan said...

Thank you all so much for the encouragement! :)