For Freedom
For freedom’s sake He set us free.
He did it just for you and me.
He knew His life would be the fee,
But He did it for you, He did it for me, He did it all to set us free.
He meant for us to keep it that way,
The way it was that mournful day,
When He breathed His last, as if to say,
“For freedom now, I tell you, pray.”
He knew we could not pay the bill,
So He died upon that hill.
He came in love, our hearts to thrill,
He came with hope, our hearts to fill.
So tell me now, have we this freedom yet obtained?
Have we His love and glory proclaimed?
“In God we trust” our motto remained?
Or His name have we defamed?
Now right is called wrong, and wrong is called right
And sometimes we don’t even put up a fight!
Come, through the darkness of pain and night,
Our faith must shine now bold and bright!
For freedom’s sake He set you free.
He did it because He knew your need.
He knew forgotten His love would be,
But he did it for you; he did it for me,
He did it all on Calvary .
(c) Keaghan, 2011. Please do not copy without permission.
7 comments:
Keaghan, that was beautiful! I love it. =) I really like writing poetry, though mine seldom rhymes, so this is pretty impressive to me. And I love the hope and message you put into it. Happy 4th of July!
@Jenn: Thank you! :D
Your writings are quite good. I think with your writing talent you shall go quite far in the writing world. Most of the books written lately are quite frankly garbage. You could really influence the writings of the modern age.
Honorable and Respectfully,
Silent Running.
LET FREEDOM RING!
@Silent: Thank you!
That was very beautiful :) It sounds like the lyrics to a song :)
~Aila
I really like this. ^.^ I'm a huge fan of poetry, I quite enjoy reading it, and it's always nice to see poetry written by a young author.
Happy 4th!
@Aila: Thank you! :)
@Katie: Thanks! One day I'll have to post some of my fiction. :D
Post a Comment