Those Who Whisper...

Monday, March 26, 2012

Away

I must seem to be a horrible blogger. It seems to be my lot in life, that I start a blog and try my best to keep up with it, but other things find a way to keep me from regular updates. I always envy those bloggers who post daily or every-other-day, or even once a week.

Maybe I just don't have the same level of dedication. Whatever the reason may be, I feel an apology must be made for my lengthy absence.

But I have used my time well! You should be proud.

I shall now list, in no particular order, the things which have occupied me since I last posted anything of worth.

1. I finished high school. As in, completed the last, final, academic requirement for graduation. As in, I am officially done with grade school. As in, YES.

2. I placed first at my state's Poetry Out Loud competition and will be traveling to Washington, D.C. in May to compete at the national level. This means I am one of the top 51 out of about 16,000 who competed this year. It's been a dream of mine since my freshman year to reach the national level at least once, and thanks to my family and my Lord, it's finally coming true.

3. I've been planning my graduation party, and having to think about pictures for slideshows, senior portraits, class songs, and other such necessary things.

4. I've been co-directing and starring in a production of The Scarlet Pimpernel with rehearsals on a every-other-week basis.

5. I've been writing essays for scholarships. Lots of essays.

6. I've been slowly getting used to the idea of being a college student come August.

7. I've been writing Valiant Promises, the second in the Valiant Journeys series.

8. I acquired a brand new MacBook Pro as a graduation/birthday/beginning of college gift. His name is Jawn CumberMac. There is a lengthy story behind this name, all of it tying into the next point...

9. I have watched and discussed and quoted the BBC series Sherlock. It. Is. Amazing. (As to how Jawn's name ties into this, it is simple: When Sherlock says John Watson's name in this series, it comes out more like "Jawn" than "John." And the actor who plays Sherlock is Benedict Cumberbatch. Thus, Jawn CumberMac. Clever, eh?)

10. I've been preparing for my last piano recital. I'm playing a medley of Les Miserables songs: I Dreamed a Dream, Bring Him Home, and Stars.

So, as you can see, I haven't been idle. Just not as intertwined in the blogosphere.

I hope to achieve a better routine in my blogging habits. But for now, I hope this can suffice.

So, consider this my re-introduction to the blogging world. Hello. Can we be friends?

2 comments:

Joy said...

I just tagged you on my blog! http://joy-live4jesus.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/little-fun-tagging.html

Keaghan said...

Thank you, Joy! :) I'll be filling it out and posting it shortly.