| 9-11 Memorial on the campus of Patrick Henry College |
Things I learned during my first semester of college:
1. When you're at the end of your strength, He always has more than enough.
2. Do your best. Nothing more can be expected.
3. Doing your best does not always mean doing your best. Often, it means doing your best with the time you have.
4. True friends are the ones who bring you chocolate, coffee, gluten-free pizza, make you laugh, study with you, give you hugs, worry about you when you're sick, and lift you up in prayer when you most need it.
5. Prayer is the best weapon against sadness, weariness, homesickness, and any attack of the Enemy.
6. Nothing is more beautiful than a group of peers gathering and praying earnestly over a situation.
7. It really doesn't matter what other people say.
8. Chin up. Tomorrow's a new day.
9. Never forget what He's already brought you through.
10. A walk with friends and a latte can give you a whole new perspective on life.
11. God's plans usually aren't yours. They are far better and more beautiful and more challenging than anything you create.
12. You will get it done. It may be close, it may be hard. But you will survive this.
13. Don't be afraid to cry. Yes, it means you're vulnerable. But sometimes, you have to be.
14. Take the time to worship. It may seem hard or inconvenient, but it's always a good choice.
15. Treasure the little moments. Time flies.
16. Be patient. God's timing is perfect, and that means it often doesn't make sense to your human mind.
17. God is sovereign. End of discussion. Let Him be in charge.
18. Often, silence is more meaningful than words. Take the time to listen, or simply be quiet.
19. Seasons of life come, often faster than you ever expected. Be content with the one you are in.
20. Never. Ever. Ever. Give. Up.
Soli Deo Gloria.
4 comments:
Beautiful, Keaghan! Each lesson is so precious to learn and apply in one's life. I truly loved each one you shared.
Congrats on surviving your first semester at uni! Wow, that must have been a challenge, but I praise the Lord He's been with you and I know He'll continue to be with you.
Merry Christmas!
This was great, Keaghan! You seem to be enjoying college so much, I'm happy for you. Thanks for sharing, this was a blessing.
Love and miss you and all the rest your family.
Merry Christmas!
~Hannah~
So, so true. Numbers 3, 6, and 15 stood out to me especially...
It's incredible to think that God's brought us through an entire semester already. On to the next one! *Bolshevik fist pump*
~ Timothy (H.)
What great points, so full of truth. I just discovered your blog and it looks really sweet. I love your blog title, in particular! Beautiful name, and I'm sure it carries much meaning.
From a new follower - blessings!
Leah Kathryn
apassionatafortheking.blogspot.com
Post a Comment