Those Who Whisper...

Friday, November 18, 2011

Inspiration

Theme songs.

Do your characters have them? Mine probably have too many.

How many of you find a song and cobble it to fit your story? Ignore a verse, take a line, and sing along with the chorus? Or maybe that's just me.

But this song...it's perfect.

It's exactly what Damian thinks when he looks at Avarona. It's just perfect.

(Thanks, Mirriam, for sending it to me!)

Damian and Avarona, here's to you.




4 comments:

Jenn Noelle said...

Oh, that was lovely! Finding themes for characters is such an exciting thing (though I don't pretend to be the kind of writer that you are, I analyze the characters of my favorite literature ;P). Actually, I just recently found my found my own life's theme song (or at least, what I want to be)...I posted it here if you want to listen. There's something so beautifully powerful about music, hmm? ♥

Keaghan said...

@ Jennoelle: Yes, it is. Some themes reinforce what I already know about the character, while others bring to light new facets of their personalities. Music is indeed powerful! I don't know what I'd do without it. :)

Jessica Greyson said...

I love this song! Her music is soooo amazing!

And a little secret of mine...this song is also one of my guy's theme songs...so perfect so sweet so elegant.

Happy Writing!!!

Keaghan said...

@ Jessica: I had never heard of her before this, but I love it now! :)

I know, it really is so sweet. And happy writing to you, too!

~Keaghan