Those Who Whisper...

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

You might be a writer if...

You might be a writer if...

1) Your Google search history contains more illnesses, injuries, personality disorders, and mental problems than a hypochondriac's.

2) When looking for a person who resembles your main character, you unintentionally begin to type the character's name into Google.

3) You've been known to bemoan the trials of trying to injure one of your characters. (In my case, moaning about how difficult it is to harm someone in plate armor--without incapacitating them, that is.)

4) Your poor laptop/keyboard/notebook has had your head banged against it so many times that it might revolt.

5) The contents of your desk include notebooks, papers with random notes scrawled on them, a laptop, perhaps, highlighters, pencils, pens, hard candy, dark chocolate, earbuds, and some form of music.

Just a view into my life in the midst of rewriting.

4 comments:

Melody said...

Ha! I think I plead guilty to all five of these! :)

Keaghan said...

@ Melody: All writers probably do, at some point! :)

pbarrillea said...

I am guilty of none of those things. Except maybe the first one but I do not do it for my story. I will tell you here and now I am not a very good creative writer. You have accomplished in a month what I have tried to do for two years. You are rather inspiring to me. Keep up the good work!
Honorably and Respectfully,
Paul.

Keaghan said...

@ Paul: Thank you for the encouragement. :) I can't wait to let you read it again, once I've finished editing!