Those Who Whisper...

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

You always need more music, right?

I'm not a gamer. I don't play video games at all--in fact, my family doesn't own any sort of gaming system.

Occasionally, I'll indulge in a computer game, but only if it's a puzzle or word game.

My brother, however, discovered the game World of Goo a couple months ago. I never really latched on to it--not that I have spare time to spend playing it.

But this is not about the game. This is a suggestion for all of you. If you like instrumental music to write to, study to, or just listen to, go download the soundtrack from this game. If you write, it has some pretty tense tracks that are perfect for those intense scenes. At other times, it's just rather mysterious/ambient.

And the best part? It's free. Legally. On the composer's website.

Here's the link.

Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Silent said...

Keaghan I think that most good music these days are preserved in video games and movies. If you liked that music check out the musical groups Epic Score and Two Steps From Hell. The video game Starcraft 2 soundtrack is awesome music and look on youtube and look up The Mandalorian Blockade from the Old Republic game. Tell your brother I looked up that game and if he likes that game he would like another game call Age of Empires it is a strategy game were it reacts famous old medieval battles. Hope you enjoy the music.
Honorably and Respectfully,
Paul.

Keaghan said...

@ Silent: It seems that way! I love listening to soundtracks, so thanks for the suggestions. :) I'll mention those games to my brother, too!