Those Who Whisper...

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NaNo-less



No, I am not doing NaNoWriMo.

Why? Because I'm issuing myself a personal writing challenge.

(And I'm putting it out here so that I feel more accountable.)

I want to have completed my rewriting of Valiant Journeys by the end of this month. A tough challenge, yes, but doable. If I just buckle down and write, it's doable. (I'm approximately 2/3 of the way through right now...sounds like not much is left, but it's nearly 100 pages left. And a lot of plot changes/major rewriting to do.)

So, if you're not doing NaNo--I know several of you are--I challenge you to give yourself a personal writing goal for this month.

Let this be the month you finally finish plotting that next idea.

Let this be the month you start--or finish--editing.

Let this be the month you finally chisel out time to write every day. Every. Day.

Let this be the month you finish something. Let this be the month you accomplish something.

What's your challenge?

(Source for picture)

3 comments:

Silent said...

I have found what have said very inspirational. I could never finish what you are trying to accomplish in a month I applaud you. I hope you can finish in time.

Honorably and Respectfully,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat. My goal is to write 500 words a day, but with schoolwork, and countless other things, I don't really have the time to do that. So I suppose, really, I'm just trying to get more done than I usually do. I'm trying, anyways. >.>

Best of luck in your ventures! If you stick with it, determined as you are, I am sure you will get much done. ^.^

Keaghan said...

@ Paul: Thank you, Paul. :)

@ Katie: And it's the trying that makes all the difference. Keep at it! And thank you for the encouragement. :)